Thursday, June 2, 2011

Busy Busy...

Now back home (but insufficiently settled), I resumed drawing.  It's a healthy thing, like breathing.

There are many things on the plate that I need to get through; no spinning it to make them fly off into oblivion.

For one I've paid rent on that small shop in New Babbage for the past 3 months.  The space gave me the inspiration for a series of "prints".  Yes I know: I'm working backwards and instead should find a place for existing work.  Well, that's where artistic license comes in; real artists seldom act in conventional sequence.  That was also when RL stepped in of course, hindering any chance of quality time to create the prints and set them up in an appropriately designed vendor.

Then a portrait of one of my friends which I've owed for about 11 months by now.  I haven't forgotten that.

Giant Snail Races tee shirts for Relay For Life donations.  Had hoped to make a new one every week or two, but that hasn't panned out.  There are two available currently at Cartoon World, with hopefully a new one available this weekend. Remember all the money in those vendors goes to The American Cancer Society.

SL8B.  I knew the theme about 2 months ago.  No time to work on it.  I have about a dozen ways I can present what I want to present, which may just get narrowed down based on my abilities.  I know what I'd LIKE to do...

Scourgemobiles:   They were taken offline for a week or two and it was grand.  Apparently this was temporary while the vehicles were reprogrammed.  I found out one day by messaging someone while standing on Route 3. Some car came up behind me and stopped, then did its usual lumbering thing in an effort to ride around me and still remain on the road.  Selecting it revealed the source sim where it was rezzed is no longer displayed.  The vehicle had 16 scripts and a landmark.  Still adfarming and still solid.  They're still a problem when you're trying to ride the road. And the things still jump the roads into water and rail routes. AnnMarie just doesn't get it, does she?

By the way, Friday June 3rd is a meeting between LDPW and SLRR afficionados in Tuliptree. A certain someone is likely to be there.

Last but not least, dance parties in Bay City to raise money for Relay for Life.  I hold them every other Friday evening from 6pm SLT.  I usually pick a specific era and run with it. Right now it's New Wave, with the first one from its beginnings.  Next one on June 10th will be from the dawn of early MTV era, with a great variety of sounds and several blasts from the past.  Tipping goes to a Relay for Life Kiosk.

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment