Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Tribulations of Public Transportation & Dealing with Griefers

Next stop: home.  If I can see dad after work tomorrow, I can be home by 8ish, no problem if I prepare my playlist today.

I'm listening to a Jonathan Coulton song I havn't heard in some time, and I know that's going in.  I think if I made a playlist about drugs and getting high, it would sound very different from others' - things  like "Mama Told Me Not to Come" by Three Dog Night... It's always amusing when drugs and alcohol are okay content but crude words about sex aren't.  I got nailed for having included "Asshole" by Denis Leary on my St Paddy's playlist. 

Indian woman w/baby panhandling and appealing to the females.  I wonder whether her husband put her up to this? Her appealing just to the females suggests either he beats her in coersion or she escaped his abuse.

RHCP.  I need to be careful with which songs of theirs I put on my lists for Bacchus.  Listened earlier to Ain't Misbehaving by Louis Armstrong.  Need to play that at some point.

Next day...

Last night's playlist had those plus "Steppin' Out" by Tony Orlando & Dawn.  I remember saving up to get "Tony Orlando & Dawn's New Ragtime Follies" for Mom on Mother's Day when it came out because she liked their version of "Sweet Gypsy Rose" and ended up enjoying the album as much as she did.    Someone went "omg."   It's fun when I unlock happy memories long forgotten.  It's very rewarding when that happens.

Next day...

I went to see Dad after work, so at 7:39pm I'm on a 7 train waiting to leave Main Street.  As planned I got roast duck with bok choi over rice (the latter which I can't eat) for $5 to take with me.

I should be home a little after 8pm if there's no delay enroute. I'll then be at liberty to make a new playlist... after I rip my new Don Tiki CD.

The Snert Problem at Bacchus

We had some disturbed snert at the beach who was estate banned.  Four names and up for debate whether it was all one person.  They used to be a regular fisher, when one day, twenty minutes before the end of the contest, they seemingly flipped out.  They said demeaning things to a female avatar in a very manic tone.  Everyone else stopped talking as he scared them. I was with my friend that night after DJing while her ailing husband was in a nearby hospice, her first night to herself but no easier. We lost him the following day...

The day after that, raw from not one loss but two - a good family friend died in his sleep the previous week - not one but two snerts started in. Twenty minutes before the end of the contest, he and some chick I barely remember from 2011 as an SLKid traveled by 10m to dance into me.  There's just so many times one moves aside and they persist that one cannot deny it's intentional.  They moved into other fishers who may have been idle, but still that wasn't very nice.  I asked each to be respectful of other fishers and not to shove into them like that. Regardless of what anyone may say, the two of them responded similarly enough by IM to convince me they were one person. Then she said more. something like: "it's SL people don't know how to have fun," that I was a loser, then incoherent stuff giving away that they were either drunk or high. They moved on me again as all throughout this I took screenshots of their behavior and IMs, ARing them and preparing a report for beach management.  With the contest over everyone moved on to the next contest except her.  She continued to dance on me while I filled out the report for Dat and linked to some screens on Flickr. More proof of alts as the sun went down half an hour later and stepping away she continued to dance where she was. Busy fishing in another window I reckon.

He got himself banned from another place the following day and dared not show his face the next 3 nights.  He came for half a contest on Friday as Dat hosted, then left.

The next night when I DJed, twenty minutes before the end of the contest, someone output green text about how bad I looked as though I said it. 

The following night the green text was that I wanted to come out of the closet (quite sure because of the purple I wear this season for Relay For Life. I'm not offended; I just pity them).  We knew who it was but there was no proof.  Yeah it sounds like entry level griefing to me as well. Infohub stuff usually done by minors.

Meanwhile he was getting caught throwing his chat and getting reprimanded or banned by more and more fishing areas.  Dat caught him one night speaking for his female avvie and warned him.   I had by then been given parcel tools and discussed how far to let the idiot go and how much proof to collect.

Subsequently that following Saturday, after a week of either not showing up or showing up for a few minutes and leaving, things happened. 

After my time in Livingtree, I relogged then went to Bacchus.  There were four avatars in Boy Next Door look, the two plus others I didn't know (one I'd seen fishing in the past).  They were milling about near contest host Dallas amongst themselves, but the moment I rezzed the four all came to stand close on four sides.

I took a screenshot of my desktop.

I moved a ways. 

I took a screenshot.

One at a time they turned in my direction and stepped again over to surround me.

Screenshot.

I stepped back and said anyone surrounding me again will be kickbanned and will have to explain to Dat why they feel she should let them back in.

Screenshot of warning.

Screenshot showing three of them surrounding me and one hanging back.

one-two-three kickbanned

Friend came on - first time since her husband's passing and we set up to dance.  Remaining one came against us
"ban me too"

Bruh ther.

I said something to the effect that they did the right thing in backing off and not to ruin it by harassing us and to please step away. 

They stepped away.

Eventually she went to join the others 80m+ away to fish from the far half of the sim.

During the time that followed, an oddly dressed noob with a 2007 rezdate came on to stand near me and my friend while we danced, then left after 10 min.

Logs and screenshots were emailed afterward - including threats from one who implied something terrible would happen to me (what? Copybot me? Like I'm comprised of anything valuable or unique) and was promptly ARed.

All I got by IM from the main one was: "your an idiot"

Heh.

To be on the safe side I changed my password.

From what I understand all four were estate banned; it wasn't appreciated by Bacchus people that they still fished from outside the banlines.  Two of them finished on the board that night, and stats are sent by the contest board to its managers via IM.

I got the least tips that night since I started DJing there.  Right or wrong, people don't like  violent maneuvers.  I've learned long ago that it takes a special person to not turn away if a crime is being commited or someone is injured, abused, or needs any kind of help.  Maybe taking responsibility against griefers with whom everybody was acquainted was too intense (while their abusing me and others wasn't a problem since it wasn't directed at them). 

The female av apparently pulled a dramatic pose a few evenings later in 7seas social chat.  Since I've muted them all I have no idea what she said except that apparently she annoyed everyone for spamming over and over about leaving fishing. 

The main one's apparently come back a few times to the beach under different names.  We often see fku2 Resident show up for a few minutes then leave.  An impotent twit who burns bridges.


Kickbanning is not a pleasant thing to execute for most people.  At work I've actually created documentation for global site teams on what steps to take on trolls on our message boards. Very few of them involved banning. However these would have been banned far sooner.  But I won't ever forget that it's not my beach. 

That this all came at such a tough time in my life and those of my friends was the usual test against Murphy's Law, only kicked up a notch. 

The numbers at Bacchus have noticeably dropped and someone suddenly started a contest opposite during the week. People again show how forgiving they are of bullies and terrorists, perhaps less tolerance for those who stand up against abuse and a management who wants a griefer free environment.

Anyway, I have a couple of playlists to get done for today. Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment