Friday, July 11, 2008

Wherefore art thou, o' Holocluck?

Having sensed a definite effort to crowd my 512, and having noticed some reasonable PG land in a prestigiously named region WITH a water view, I made the move to buy some land on Tuesday night. I joined two 512s, then seeing I couldnt get a flat enough level, bought a third north of them up the slope to flatten my terrain better. I suppose this REALLY kicks me into the 2048 tier even though I have 1536. My brain was telling me get the two 512s NEXT to me and merge the 2048s as a nice big square and sell the odd parcel I bought to maneuver with. Price it to sell.

My brain was reasoning at the time to buy a 512 elsewhere in the same region and move my gallery there, then price the original tier parcel.

I'm wondering why my brain didn't just say "hey plop the gallery down on the 1024/2048 for now. Or even to put it on that odd piece you bought." Except that there's someone with a house higher up (these are in somewhat cascading levels [I dont want to say tiers] leading down to water a few sims away) with panoramic windows and I was thinking too much of their view.

Or was I just being too good a neighbor?

I met one by IM this morning. I like community. But I cant expect community. I'm now thinking if I use that piece above my tier of 1024 (which might become 2048), at least I am assured that I won't have some particle fountain junk or tacky landscape screen on at least ONE side. The place would have me on at least two sides of it.

In neighborly terms, the house higher up SHOULD still have a view since my gallery plaza isnt all that tall. The rest of the gallery goes WAY up in the sky anyway.

So went evolved into this in my head as to how it would end up: I would have a block of 512s making a big 2048 square, and an odd piece out for the gallery plaza. That would kick me over the 2048 tier temporarily (ouch) while I wait for the land I left behind to sell.

Then came the question: do I select everything and take, or should I take the artwork down first and then the builds when I relocate the galleries? I took them all, then unlinked the art once I arrived. It went smoothly. The big question was where to put the sky one, and 400 turned out to be less populated than 600.

While I was assured my restlessness over the radically changing landscape in SL was normal behavior for a newcomer, I wondered if this sudden burst of nesting was just another? Unlike when I went to premium, I didn't have a complete plan of what to do with the land when I bought it. I only knew of the opportunities I've let slip by in the past and the prim count I could look forward to.


I have made a group with my alts, but I want to wait a bit and get a lot of other things out of the way before I start thinking group deeds. They can be beneficial but they can also be a disaster if you don't maintain things right.

Last night, I sunk in more money and got the two 512s to the west (for more money unfortunately). I moved the ground and sky level things over to the new place with relative ease. Looking to my other neighbor's land, he had taken down his picturesque bayou and started to put up rental shops...

Gonna miss that guy's quirky humor. Welp I made a landmark...

1 comment: