Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Don't Breathe

On Sunday morning I took down The Golden Yak Diner.

For 2-1/2 months it was my winter getaway, with its cozy interior and panoramic view of the snowy landscape outside.

I carefully packed the diner in its designated folder, naming the sections of parking lot asphalt, preserving the Stargate entry lines, the two signs, the booths...

Starting this month I'd pay $5 for tier until the land I'd kept vigil over from afar for months went to auction.  I'd use the time to fashion a permanent diner for said land - which is larger than what I had in Anilis and more irregular - as well as a home.

And the sign.  Most likely similar to Anilis/SL6B...

Many months ago I found the perfect spot for my diner.  As was my habit, I'd fly over mainland roads.  So many large chunks had been abandoned due to the mass migration to Zindra.  It was almost perfect.  Let's face it: Heterocera Atoll's dried grasslands...

I set the Plano parcel for sale and started downsizing the content on Anilis.

There's a nice catlady who lives nearby.  It has a decent view (orientation of the diner could be critical).  Like Anilis, the property is oddly shaped, almost triangular.  Two thirds of it borders protected land.  It's at a fork in the road. The third border is marred by banlines, which is easily solved (mwahah); one of the protected sides is a region crossing (the story of my life).

When I confided in its location with Marianne (only one of two people), it turned out to be a parcel she was familiar with.  Seems she & Pygar used to skateboard down the ravine back in the day (which makes me wonder just how long it's been abandoned).  She even knows the catlady!  I smell destiny!

I'll continue this after the auction.

A big, gnarly hunk of land in Hydrangea, bordering Bridge Road to the north & Route 2 to the south; I'll see about having a smooth connection between the road and my diner's parking lot.

Still waiting for the system to charge my card, but that should be a non-issue.  Gonna have to assess the land for terraforming & pay my respects to the catlady, introduce myself as the new neighbor.

Previous major land purchases were made with an input from vibes.  I always had very good vibes with Anilis, and it was sad to part ways with the area.  This time around it seems like much of Hydrangea feels cold and soulless, that it's waiting for me to wake up the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment