As with last year I'll be signing up with Relay For Life of InWorldz for credit card and PayPal donations. Very soon I'll have posters in Swing Moon and Cartoon World which launch the donation webpage. I will remain in Relay For Life Information Only group and expect all official announcements to reliably make its otifications, be it a heads up for Relay Rap, times for ceremonies, or advanced warning of campsite registration.
InWorldz has gotten a bad rap. Many years ago SL merchants flowed into their grid, then jumped back out when a copybotter followed them in. You're not going to be rid of them save a private server. The difference between a place like Second Life versus a place like InWorldz is that there's less red tape and complexity in IW's staff taking swift and effective action.
Thanks to this lack of rationale, merchants such as Akeyo deserted IW residents and ones such as Truth Hair never bothered. On the plus side, I haven't seen evidence of a malformed mesh cracker avatar.
InWorldz' RFL team tools were to have reverted to general donations after their 2016 season. Instead they self-destructed. My goal was to maintain a year round shop in Hope Village, and regret not having anything to offer for Valentines Day. My sole incentive in IW is to raise money to help in the fight against cancer. Hopefully this gets resolved later long before their fundraising season.
In the meantime, those headed for same in Second Life always keep in mind:
- You are volunteers. RFLofSL is not your employer. They should be grateful to all volunteers for putting in any time and effort and investment without pay. Many people give generously who are on a fixed income or live with oppressive medical bills from THEIR battle(s) with cancer.
- RFLofSL leads serve YOU. Their role is to get you what you need, provide info, and make things happen so you can make things happen. It's not the other way around
- Let no one tell you that you aren't raising enough or what you do isn't good enough. Every Linden counts
- Hold RFLofSL accountable for failing to inform or taking a position that you should have known without them posting in all official outlets, be it all groups or social media. Cliquish behavior has no place in Relay For Life and is against its very spirit.
- Report anyone in RFLofSL who struts around too cocky or bosses volunteers (volunteers comprise individuals, team captains, co-captains, team members). Take it to HopeWalker06, the ACS liaison. We'll trust she is on YOUR side and will put the disrespecting party in their place.
Good luck, SL Relayers!
|Tribute to Pro Recreant remains intact following rennovations|