Wednesday, January 30, 2013

This Thursday: World Tunes during Fishing!

I've always wanted to do a "world" set at one of my places.  The International Hour during last year's RFL weekend was very well received and I shouldn't hesitate now that I run my own biweekly events AND run an establishment with a French name.

Soooo...

Thursday the 31st's Fishing in New Toulouse will feature a set of song sung in anything but English.

Tunes will include:

Old Jazz classics
Electro Swing
Alternate takes of top 40 hits by their original artists
Covers
Cajun
An excuse to play something by Kyare Pamyu Pamyu

Languages will include:
French
German
Spanish
Italian
Swedish
Portuguese
Japanese
Klingon
Hindi

How about that? And all danceable.

They're wondering whether I'll play anything in Korean...

I'd include Chinese but it's impossible to rip my 80's Leslie cassette.

Will I see you at Maison Bleu tomorrow night?

No comments:

Post a Comment